Carlos Tevez says he would be open to returning to West Ham before confirming that he has signed a new deal at Boca Juniors.
The 36-year-old, who is out of contract with the Argentine giants on Tuesday, has agreed to sign a six-month contract extension.
Tevez is in his third season at Boca, having previously played for Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus, but has rejected the club’s offer of a 12-month contract.
Despite committing his immediate future to Boca, the striker has revealed that he would like to return to West Ham at some point.
‘If I had to go back to Europe I would go to West Ham for six months to be applauded,’ he told Radio La Red.
‘Or spend six months at Corinthians. I won’t rule anything out because I don’t want to be a slave to my words.’
Boca presented Tevez with the biggest offer they could afford, but the Argentine was said to be irritated by the deal.
‘I hadn’t heard or seen anything. It came to me and obviously bothers me, but it should be discussed privately,’ he said.
‘Nothing happens; I understand the situation. If we have any difference with the subject of the Contract, we cannot make it public.
‘It would be nice to fix it behind closed doors. There is not much that we have to fix, as I always said.
‘In a negotiation, one has his position, and the other has his, and both are valid. I want to go well with Boca, not fighting with anyone but I’m also not going to let you disrespect me.’
Tevez also revealed that he will be donating all of the money he earns from the new deal to charity.
‘The Contract that Boca offered me, I will donate everything to a non-profit organisation.
‘Contract and bonus, so you’re going to have to lend me some money for gasoline. It will be for people who need vaccines for soup kitchens. I don’t want to see any silver.
Reported by: Vincent Paul