Tanguy Ndombele could be set for a Tottenham exit this summer after reportedly telling boss Jose Mourinho he never wants to play for him again.
Ndombele has been left on the bench for both Spurs’ games since the Premier League restart, and the French midfielder is said to be have been angered by Mourinho’s public criticism of his performances.
The 23-year-old cost Tottenham a club record £55million plus a potential further £9m in add-ons from Lyon last summer – but he could be on his way after just a year, with a rift between player and manager having deepened.
The latest flashpoint occurred earlier this week when a row erupted between Mourinho and Ndombele during a training session on Monday and continued in the manager’s office, according to ESPN.
The publication reports that Mourinho told Ndombele he was not fit to start Tottenham’s first two games after football’s restart – last week’s draw against Manchester United and a win over West Ham on Tuesday.
This has reportedly angered Ndombele as he did extra training during the enforced break from football – even meeting up with Mourinho in a breach of lockdown regulations for which the Spurs boss later apologised.
EPSN reports that Ndombele agents Romain Fernandez and Mounir Sidhoum are now trying to resolve the row – but sources have said at the moment it looks as though there is no way back on the players’ side.
That could mean Ndombele’s Tottenham career is over, and the player will hope that Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Bayern Munich after showing interest last summer.
Whether those clubs can still afford him given the impact of the coronavirus pandemic is another matter, and it is thought PSG and Barcelona would favour loan deals.
Bayern Munich, however, could offer Tottenham a player-plus cash swap deal including midfielder Corentin Tolisso, according to ESPN.
Tolisso has been a regular for Bayern this season – although many of his appearances have come off the subs’ bench – and has been linked with interest from Manchester United.